Family and the Road to recovery

As I travel along the path of healing after a hospital operation, the importance of family cannot be overstated. The support and care provided by my family is right up there with the support the NHS have provided on my path to recovery.

Having family around during the recovery process has given me the emotional and mental support and encouragement to never give up. Hospital stays can be isolating and has been emotionally challenging,  having my wife and family visit, bring gifts, news, stories has helped me stay connected to the outside world, it also helps your family remain connected to me and my progress along the road to recovery.

My wife in particular has been by my side all through this, the bad and the good, beside my bed, she has documented my road to recovery in a personal journal with pictures, part of me wants to read it for final closure, part of me is scared to and part of me thinks it would make a very good book!

I cannot express in words how much I am so happy I have a supportive wife and family.

This is likely to be my last post about my recovery as I leave hospital in early 2024 to be at home where a higher level of independence and recovery will happen, there will be no physio, therapist or anyone from the NHS in the same building. Just me and my supportive family

Thank  you Maria Crocker https://www.linkedin.com/in/maria-crocker-984b6357 And  my family for being so supportive I am so lucky to have you all in my corner.

#family #health #recovery #support

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goal: Lets walk

Never give up

Pain Management